Welcome to The Yarn Blog
The Scottish Borders is famous for its writers and storytellers. We plan to bring you our own stories including behind the scenes at My Cosy Store, history and heritage, Scottish country lifestyle, guides to knitwear and much more…
Destination Comfort – Bedtime
In our Destination Comfort series, we will look at the snuggest ways to help you reach your goals. Let us dive into one of our favourite cosy activities […]Continue reading
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
The well known rhyme April showers bring May flowers fills us with joy and anticipation. If lockdown last year began your gardening journey, this is an especially exciting […]Continue reading
With closed eyes, we can feel the warmth of the sun on our face, while the gentle breeze keeps us in the present. The birds are twittering, there […]Continue reading
Mother’s Day Inspiration
The 14th March 2021 marks Mother’s Day. At this point in time, we hope we may be able to see our nearest and dearest. Here are our tips […]Continue reading
Cashmere socks and scarves – A love beyond Valentine’s Day
At My Cosy Store we love cosiness and comfort. We know that you do too. What better excuse than Valentine’s Day to show your nearest and dearest how […]Continue reading
5 Reasons Why Cashmere Socks and Scarves are Great
Ask any cashmere wearer and they’ll tell you that nothing beats the super soft yarn for warmth, luxury, breathability and endurance. At My Cosy Store, we source the […]Continue reading
Where to go – Breaks and things to do in 2021
Travel restrictions have reduced our options but the desire to get away for weekends and enjoy dining out is strong. We explore the best places to experience the […]Continue reading
6 Reasons Cashmere Accessories are the Perfect Christmas Gift
Snow at Christmas is the stuff dreams are made of. Flakes the size of pennies drifting in lazy spirals from a pale milky sky. Waking to a world […]Continue reading
The History and Heritage of Cashmere
How was cashmere discovered? Historical references to cashmere date back as far as the 13th Century; to the famous explorer, writer and merchant Marco Polo. His book, The […]Continue reading
- « Previous
- 12 January Winter Hygge
- 27 December Cosy & Relaxing New Year Resolutions
- 17 November Cashmere and Lambswool Gifts Under £25
- 03 November How to Wear a Beanie Hat
- 20 September Autumn Hygge
- 16 August Hygge Summer
- 12 July The My Cosy Store Cashmere Knits
- 05 July A to Z of Cashmere
- 12 May Father’s Day Gift Guide
- 22 November The Ultimate Gift Guide
- 18 November Comfort in Kindness – Self-Care Starts with You
- 31 October Enemies of Cashmere
- 20 October Gloves Galore! Choosing the Perfect Pair
- 30 September Cosy Pleasures – The Hygge Life
- 23 September Cosy Pleasures – Autumn Drinks
- 11 August What is Cashmere?
- 11 August Cashmere vs Lambswool vs Merino
- 11 August Caring for Your Cashmere Socks
- 11 August Caring for Your Cashmere Scarves
- 11 August Caring for Your Cashmere Beanie Hats
- 11 August Is cashmere worth the money?
- 11 August How long does cashmere last?
- 11 August The best bedsocks
- 18 June Destination Comfort – On the Go!
- 02 June Father’s Day Inspiration
- 25 April April Showers Bring May Flowers!
- 08 April Spring Fresh!
- 02 March Mother’s Day Inspiration
- 17 December Where to go – Breaks and things to do in 2021
- 28 September The History and Heritage of Cashmere