Welcome to The Yarn Blog
The Scottish Borders is famous for its writers and storytellers. We plan to bring you our own stories including behind the scenes at My Cosy Store, history and heritage, Scottish country lifestyle, guides to knitwear and much more…
Mother’s Day Show Her You Care with Cashmere
This year Mothering Sunday falls on the 27th of March. Flowers and chocolates are lovely gifts to give and receive but sometimes the occasion calls for more sentiment. […]Continue reading
The Ultimate Gift Guide
When we are in the gifting season there is always at least one tricky person on the list to buy for. We have gathered up the best cashmere […]Continue reading
Comfort in Kindness – Self-Care Starts with You
If the pandemic has taught us one thing it is self-care. It is more important than ever to look after ourselves on the inside and outside. This needn’t […]Continue reading
Enemies of Cashmere
Cashmere accessories are treasured by all that own them. Like any precious item, you want to protect it and keep it just perfect. For a precious fibre like […]Continue reading
Gloves Galore! Choosing the Perfect Pair
When it comes to a chilly day there is nothing worse than that tingle of coldness down to your fingertips. That is why gloves are an absolute must-have […]Continue reading
Cosy Pleasures – The Hygge Life
At My Cosy Store a concept that we live for is hygge – pronounced “hoo-gah”. If you’ve never heard of hygge let us explain it to you. Hygge […]Continue reading
Cosy Pleasures – Autumn Drinks
The world is ever-changing, and we are all feeling stress and pressure in new ways. It is becoming ever more important for us all to take a little […]Continue reading
What is Cashmere?
Your frequently asked questions about cashmere – what it is, where it comes from and how it turned into fibre – answered. What is Cashmere? In short, cashmere […]Continue reading
Cashmere vs Lambswool vs Merino
Cashmere, lambswool and merino are all types of wool from natural animal fibres. Here, we explain the differences between these popular luxury wools – where they come from, […]Continue reading
How to look after your cashmere accessories
There are a few basic rules for care that if you stick to will extend the life of your cashmere and keep you cosy for longer. Well cared […]Continue reading
- « Previous
- Next »
- 12 January Winter Hygge
- 27 December Cosy & Relaxing New Year Resolutions
- 17 November Cashmere and Lambswool Gifts Under £25
- 03 November How to Wear a Beanie Hat
- 20 September Autumn Hygge
- 16 August Hygge Summer
- 12 July The My Cosy Store Cashmere Knits
- 05 July A to Z of Cashmere
- 12 May Father’s Day Gift Guide
- 22 November The Ultimate Gift Guide
- 18 November Comfort in Kindness – Self-Care Starts with You
- 31 October Enemies of Cashmere
- 20 October Gloves Galore! Choosing the Perfect Pair
- 30 September Cosy Pleasures – The Hygge Life
- 23 September Cosy Pleasures – Autumn Drinks
- 11 August What is Cashmere?
- 11 August Cashmere vs Lambswool vs Merino
- 11 August Caring for Your Cashmere Socks
- 11 August Caring for Your Cashmere Scarves
- 11 August Caring for Your Cashmere Beanie Hats
- 11 August Is cashmere worth the money?
- 11 August How long does cashmere last?
- 11 August The best bedsocks
- 18 June Destination Comfort – On the Go!
- 02 June Father’s Day Inspiration
- 25 April April Showers Bring May Flowers!
- 08 April Spring Fresh!
- 02 March Mother’s Day Inspiration
- 17 December Where to go – Breaks and things to do in 2021
- 28 September The History and Heritage of Cashmere